We know that it can seem like climbing a mountain when working out how to get more people watching your video, which is why we’ve come up with 10 ideas to tell the world about your new video.
- If it’s an overview video about your business, get it on the front page of your website; ideally above the fold so that viewers don’t have to scroll down to find it.
- Do you send out a newsletter? Either weekly, monthly or quarterly? If so, wrtie about it! And make sure you put a stil frame of your video on there which links directly to the page on your website where visitors can watch it.
- Get social! Share your video with all your friends and followers on Facebook, Twitter and Google + or with anyone you bump in to.
- Add a link to your video on your email signature.
- Write about it in your blog. Tell your readers why you needed a video and perhaps the results have seen from it since it went live.
- Make it easy to share. If viewers really like your video they will want to share it with friends and family or collegues, so make it as easy as possible for them to do this by adding in shortcode for sharing buttons to Facebook, Twitter and Google + right next to the video player.
- If you’re exhibiting at a trade show or exhibition or at meetings, bring your video along with you and play it anywhere that you have a willing audience to watch.
- Upload your video to YouTube; the world’s second largest search engine, which is also owned by Google – the world’s largest search engine.
- Optimise your video to give it the best chance of being spotted on the internet. By optimising we mean things such as writing a description that contains your keywords (but not too many) and around 10 ‘tags’ (words or short phrases that relate to the topic of your video).
- Shout about it from the rooftops! Well, not literally, but tell everyone you know about your video and word will soon spread.
So there we have it; 10 simple steps that you can do to really make the most of your online video. There are many more things that can be done to increase the awareness of your video, so if you have any thoughts, let us know.