As we start the new business year, many of us will be looking to grow and take our businesses to the next level, reach more consumers and increase our ROI. If you believe video is the way to go this 2017, here are twenty amazing statistics that could help you make your decision easier.
1) According to Cisco last year, online videos will account for more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic by 2020.
2) Through reading TechCrunch’s 2016 statistics, over 8 billion videos or 100 million hours of videos are watched on Facebook every day.
3) Over 200 million broadcasts have been created on Periscope, with over 110 years of live video watched on iOS and Android everyday.
4) According to Google, searches related to “how to” on YouTube grew 70% from 2014 to 2015
5) More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube every day – Business Insider
6) In a report from Social Media Examiner 60% of marketers used videos in their social media marketing in 2016
7) 14% of marketers used live videos in their social media marketing in 2016 – Social Media Examiner
8) 73% of marketers plan on increasing their use of videos – Social Media Examiner
9) 50% of marketers plan on using live videos – Social Media Examiner
10) According to Hub Spot, 55% of people consume videos thoroughly, which is the highest amount all types of content
11) Google findings show that half of 18- to 34-year old YouTube subscribers would drop what they’re doing to watch a new video by their favorite creator
12) Statistics from Vituets.com show 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
13) According to Insivia, 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
14) Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users
15) Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
16) Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
17) Internet video traffic will be 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017
18) 44% of SMB owners and marketers plan to put money behind video content on Facebook in 2017.
19) 75% business reps watch work-related videos on a regular basis
20) 81% of businesses feature video on their branded website